The Work It Out program is for young people in the Richmond-Tweed region, aged 15 to 19 who are not currently in employment, education or training. The program is designed to help young people address the barriers and challenges they are facing that may be preventing them from undertaking or engaging in employment, education and training opportunities.
Assistance under the Work It Out program is tailored to the individual needs of the young person, usually over a 12 week period, though the Work It Out staff will continue to work with each young people until they secure an outcome.
The Work It Out program is funded by the Department of Education under the NSW Regional VET Pathways program.
Work It Out can provide various forms of assistance:
- employability skills and knowledge training such as communication, teamwork, career planning, job search, cold calling and interview skills
- assistance with resume preparation and application letter writing
- job search support including assisting with transport to interview if needed
- financial support to gain key employment skills such as a drivers license if needed
- access and support to participate in VET
- one on one mentoring and coaching as required
- referral to other support agencies to deal with individual challenges
- preparation of a transition plan to assist young people to achieve their work, education or training goals
If you are based in the Richmond-Tweed region of NSW and would like to talk to someone about your eligibility please use the contact page and either phone or email to discuss your needs. Young people who are currently receiving assistance from the federal government under the Transition To Work program are ineligible for the Work It Out program. If you are not based in the Richmond-Tweed region, please refer to the other program providers in NSW to see if your region has a program operating.
Other programme providers in NSW
Mid Coast Connect covers the Mid-North Coast region
Southern Region Business Enterprise Centre covers the Capital region
Skillset covers the Central West region
Careers Network covers the New England North West region